Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why do dreams scare me???

Although science has found out a lot about how our brains work during dreaming, we still know very little about why. Some thought that dreams were a way of fulfilling our wishes, while others thought dreams made up for parts of the psyche undeveloped by daytime activities.

I've been having a lot of nightmares lately. It's not very fun. I'm scared to go to sleep. Even when a nightmare wakes me up and I go back to sleep, I start having a different nightmare. I wonder if that means something bad or strange is going to happen? Or maybe my subconciousness is just throwing writing ideas at me?

My worst nightmares are always from movies.

When I was eight or nine, I saw the film The Mummy and that ended up being my dream. Anytime I see a scary movie, I end up having a dream where the killer is coming after me.

And these dreams are so mixed up at times! Like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzles randomly put together so that they fit in. Its almost same like the puzzles in movie SAW.

Last night I had a very weird dream that my friend was murdered and chopped up into little bits.Her body then slowly reformed, each piece sliding back together to make whole again and she murdered the person that had killed her. The odd thing was, after she was chopped up into tiny bits, I was just an observer watching like a movie. She was calling me for help but i couldnt reach her.

I mean this was my friend who I am not so much in touch with these days.And the last we met was in march.And there was nothing related to her that had occurred during the day! It was so weird!

Yesterday, in the evening, I just got up all of a sudden, scared and worried (not even remembering what the dream was about) and ran towards the kitchen to check if my mom was there!! And I didn't even know what that was all about!! I was just relieved to see her.

Deciphering such dreams becomes so difficult at times because you don't know which of these dreams really mean something and which are mere riddles that your subconscious mind has created for you!

I guess I need some serious soul searching business to take care of to decode these nightmares!!

2 comments:

Shilpa said...

awww... sweettie.... relax it was a dream. Dreams are weird. We all see ppl who we never met and even who are not so linked to our lives. This dreams leaves us thoughtful and worried at times.

it tickles so much whn u se weird dreams and u knw u have to remember them to share it with ur family and frens next day but no matter hw hard u try u forget and then u keep thinking wht was it. ??

Unknown said...

Smart App has a sophisticated dream dictionary, perfect for all the dreamers out there!
This is a great new app that lets you interpret your dreams.
This is an amazing app because it truly lets the user be organized with their entries and it puts the
power of dream interpretation into the palm of your hand!
Link = http://itunes.apple.com/app/morpheus-dreams-advanced-dream/id508437774?mt=8
This is one of the best dream interpretation Apps on the iTunes Store. For a full list of their Apps,
visit www.algoryt.hm