Thursday, October 1, 2009

5 seconds...


“I love you rain” I screamed aloud and looked up at the sky, releasing my hands from the brake.

5 seconds later…..

I saw myself sleeping on the road and a few meters away, the bike was also sleeping with oil leaking out from it. Behind it was my friend Abhi, the poor guy who was seated behind me. He too laid on his tummy with his hands stretched like the lord Jesus. It looked as if he was taking blessings from the road divider (lol). Later we discovered that we were lucky enough to be spared with just minor injuries.

Maintaining my same posture on the road, I shouted loudly- “I love you rain” again.

Abhi greeted me with stones and said- “You and your idiotic rain.”

“Sorry dude, the bike slipped and I couldn’t control it.”

“Which fool has given you driving license??? Did u bribe???”

“Who said I have one? hehe” I replied with a childish smile.

Anyways, before any trucks run over us, we got up and started the bike and left. On his strict orders, I slipped to the back seat. It was me who had insisted this concept called ‘outing-when-it’s-raining’. Anyways, we continued. The ride was dumb for a while.

I was losing patience, so asked- “Where are we heading to? Coffee Day or Barista?”

“We would have been traveling to hell if a truck or something was behind us when we fell on road.” He corrected “sorry, when you made us fall.” He looked ungratified and said- “We are heading straight to home where you will order for pizzas.”

“ Alright! Anything if you are paying.”

“I’m not going to pay. Who the hell implemented this concept? It’s such a pain in my ass to ride on wet roads. You are going to pay.”

“Why does a round pizza come in a square box?” I asked him... :P

I never get answers for my innovative questions. Anyways, we continued our silence. I felt like I was dancing. I mean, the way he rides the bike is flagitious. If this fellow had a driving license then what else could be more insulting for our mother India?

Later sometime to my left I saw a temple and asked him – “Shall we meet the god?”

“F**k u. One more word from you and will be on your journey to meet god in person.”

I found that line very funny- Meet god in person..!! I was making him irritate by repeating the same word again and again like joker did in the movie Batman.

After 15 minutes, we almost reached home, and he was turning the bike into the street in John Abraham style.
And I shouted- “oye… oye...Look out you, ass....”

5 seconds later………….

I found myself sleeping on the road with the pavement as my pillow. A few meters away, the bike was sleeping with the remaining oil leaking out. And Abhi was again taking blessings from the road divider.

2 comments:

KSK said...

Unreal Badass writing.. Rock on\m/

Shilpa said...

haha :) :) this might be ur 1st happiest post in ur blog i hope.
well written... hope u continue ur life in the same way :P
keep enjoying...